Christmas Spice Kabocha Balls!!
These are tasty little things! With or without the coconut flakes! And very substantial tasting- a dense cookie ball texture. I tried rolling the cookies in erythritol but it didn’t really work. So if you wanted a traditional rolled sugar cookie texture, you might want to use real sugar, brown sugar or etc.
Christmas Spice Kabocha Balls
400 g kabocha squash, cooked, (or sweet potato or other winter squash or pumpkin)
1 cup egg whites
72 g coconut flour
1 tbsp stevia glycerite (or 1/3 c sugar or substitute)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla
erythritol (or sugar)
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor or with beaters until blended, starting with wet and adding in dry.
2. Put dough in fridge/ freezer til cold and shapeable.
3. Preheat oven to 350 when dough is cold.
4. Roll into balls and roll in erythritol or coconut flakes.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
Serves 4- I made about 11 balls for one serving! Pretty good for just over 100 calories!
Are you excited for Christmas? This will be my second in Korea- how about you?
Shared on Gluten Free Fridays